This week was a momentous one for the Future Foundation as we officially launched the new nVision Global website. In recent years we have increasingly been asked to apply our trends work to global issues on ad-hoc projects as multinationals have looked to centralise their insight functions and embed consumer trends at the leading edge of their strategies, and as domestic brands have been forced to look globally in search of growth. It was a natural step for us to take our proprietary research programme global in order to provide a library of trends and insights to draw on and we now undertake quantitative and qualitative research in 23 countries across the globe.
In addition to this, we have a network of global Trendspotters providing us with a continuous flow of ideas, local innovations and information on how trends are taking different forms in different markets. And as with our other nVision services - nVision UK and nVision Europe - we combine our research with an extensive range of complementary external global sources spanning many different commercial sectors to provide clients with a comprehensive analysis of how their target audiences are evolving across the world.
Subscribers to nVision Global have unlimited access to:
- Over 60 global consumer trend reports : each containing a concise description of what the trend is, corroborating quantitative and qualitative evidence, a future outlook outlining the evolutionary trajectory of the trend, actionable implications as to what this trend means for our clients’ business and a number of trend manifestations (see below).
- 69 (and counting) nVitro trends : emerging, niche trends that we believe should be on your radar.
- A library of constantly refreshed reports analysing markets, demographic groups and issues in depth. This ranges from quarterly economics updates to reports on the future of mobile culture or the changing relationship that consumers around the globe have with price.
- 1000+ trend manifestations : one of the most popular new additions to nVision, these showcase innovative examples of how brands around the world are already finding commercial opportunity in using consumer trends.
- Beyond 2020 : a series of reports examining the future of specific sectors or industries. Each one contains an analysis of what is shaping the future for brands in that sector as well as visualised product concepts of how consumers will be living in 2020 and beyond.
- Special analyses : One-off reports on the most topical issues facing brand owners and marketers.
- Economic profiles for 160 countries, including all of the key economic stats and figures and all-important future projections.
- Hundreds of individual charts and forecasts to download.
- Vastly enhanced search functionality.
One of the immediate changes to the site that you will notice is the addition of nVision DNA. This is an interactive trend map that has been has been specifically designed to provide clients with an overview of the key trends affecting distinct global regions and countries as well as an immediate and visually engaging indication of the links that exist between the 60+ trends monitored in nVision Global.
The rationale behind this particular innovation is that trends cannot be considered as isolated entities operating in a vacuum; their future direction and vitality is reliant upon the status of related trends. Should a trend’s trajectory shift, its impact on another, related trend will also be affected. Using nVision DNA, clients can instantly see which trends are most directly related to another and are presented with an alternative means of navigating the trend universe. Subscribers can also re-orient the map according to different global regions, allowing them to quickly prioritise those trends that are impacting most heavily on their target audience in different markets.
Not to mention of course, the dedicated account management team and complimentary tickets to our calendar of events throughout the year. Our second annual nVision Global conference will be at the end of November so stay tuned for updates regarding that. The revamped version of our UK and European nVision websites are now in the final stages of testing and we are expecting them to be live before the nVision UK Client Conference at the end of October. In the meantime, if you’d like to know more about nVision Global, then feel free to get in touch with my colleague Dominic Harrison. For now, we will leave you with this video of Christophe Jouan, CEO of Future Foundation, speaking about nVision Global and what subscribers can expect from the new service.